Champa Meuanglao magazine and Lao Airlines invite photographers of all backgrounds and experience levels to enter their best single images of their favorite place in Laos for a chance to win free flights to Hanoi, Chiang Mai, or Luang Prabang.
Winning photographs will be displayed over a two-page sp read in upcoming issues of Champa Meuanglao magazine, and an exhibition of winning entries will be held at Kualao Restaurant, Vientiane.
Submissions may only include public areas or areas open to the public. Photographic context and subject matter must exhibit landscapes, scenery, viewpoints or tourist sights.
Photo submissions must be in JPEG format, at 300dpi, and no larger than 10MB and not less than 3MB . All photos submitted must be in landscape orientation.
Competition entry is from from from April 1st to May 31st 2018. No submissions will be accepted after close of competition entry.
Entries must be submitted by online form at www.champeuanglao.com/myfavoriteplace
or by email to email@example.com, or by USB at the RDK Group office.
You must include your full name, and a short caption in English or Lao (50 words) explaining what the photograph shows and where it was taken, and why it is your favorite place in Laos.
Terms and Conditions
- The My Favorite Place photo competition 2018 (the “Competition”) is open to residents of Laos aged 14 and over.
- Employees or agents of Lao Airlines, Champa Meuanglao (“CML”) or their group companies or their family members, freelance contributors to CML or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition.
- The Competition is open to all photographers (both amateur and professional).
- Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Competition, you must submit the highest-resolution jpeg photographic image you have, taken by you. You must include your full name, a short caption in English or Lao (maximum 50 words) explaining what the photograph shows and where it was taken, and why it is your favorite place in Laos.
- If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with “My Favorite Place photo competition 2018” in the subject line, or call +856 20 55731717.
- You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant CML and Lao Airlines:
a.) Permission for your entry to be published on the Champa Meaunglao and Lao Airlines websites including but not limited to laoairlines.com, champameuanglao.com, laopost.com, laotiantimes.com, and on any social media account controlled by CML, including but not limited to Facebook accounts, and you grant CML a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in CML publications) for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions; and
b.) The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner in the Competition.
- Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trade marks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If CML has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these terms and conditions, then CML may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
- Competition winners are responsible for the cost of travel to the prize collection point: RDK Group, 134 Samsenthai Rd, Xiengyeun, Chanthabouly District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
- Competition winners will be notified of their status by email and must contact RDK Group to claim their prize within 72 hours or forfeit all rights and claims to the prize.
- Submissions must never have been published in other media, either print or electronic, prior to this competition, or have been submitted as an entry in another competition.
- Entrants may only submit one photograph to the competition.